Indoor Range Rules
You must watch our range safety video and complete our range waiver
Universal Safety Rules:
- Handle all firearms as if they were loaded
- Always keep the firearm pointed downrange in a safe direction
- Keep your finger off of the trigger until you are ready to fire
- Be certain that your target and surrounding areas are safe before firing. Be aware of your angle of fire so as not to strike walls or ceiling.
Indoor Range Rules
- Eye and ear protection is required at all times. We recommend both ear plugs and ear muffs.
- The instructions of the Range Safety Officer are to be followed at all times. The range safety officer has the authority to inspect all firearms and ammunition and will deny any they deem unsafe.
- If a cease fire is called, stop shooting and take your finger off the trigger and await instructions
- Don’t rely on your firearms ‘safety’, it is a manmade device that can fail
- Use correct ammunition
- No drawing from the holster
- Please do not shoot anything except the target
- Firearm must be in a case to enter and exit the range
- Be sure the barrel is clear of obstructions before shooting
- NO MOVEMENT FORWARD OF THE FIRING LINE AT ANY TIME!
- Do not hang targets outside of the specified area
- Only one loaded firearm will be permitted at a time
- A maximum of two shooters will be permitted in a single stall
- Firearms cannot be passed from one lane to another
- If a shooter needs to leave the stall for any reason, they must ensure their firearm is fully unloaded and that the action is visible and open and pointed downrange and on the hooks or table.
- Due to potential lead hazards, women who are pregnant will not be permitted in the range
- No food or drinks in the range at any time
- No smoking or chewing tobacco will be permitted in the range
- No cross fire
- Minimum distance for a long gun is 20 yards.
- If you experience a malfunction or have a problem that requires immediate assistance, please ensure your firearm is safe and the muzzle is pointed downrange and call for help from the Range Safety Officer
- Valid government issued photo ID will be required.
- No armor piercing, penetrating, tracer incendiary or explosive ammunition is permitted. Single projectile only, IE. No buckshot or birdshot.
- BRASS ONLY No steel or aluminum casings are permitted
- Please clean up any trash IN YOUR LANE ONLY. Brass included – DO NOT REACH BEYOND THE FIRING LINE AT ANY TIME! All brass left will become the property of The Sportsman’s Shop.
- You may not clean your firearm in the range.
- Anyone between the ages of 10-17 can utilize the range subject to the approval and discretion of the Range Safety Officer and the direct supervision of a parent or legal guardian. They are also required to complete the range waiver and watch the range safety video. Those 18 years and older may qualify to use the range and rent firearms on their own. Must be 18 to rent a rifle. To shoot a pistol anyone under 21 must be supervised by a parent or legal guardian.
A valid government issued photo ID with current legal address is required to use the range and must be produced in person. Our store policy allows for range use for US Citizens and permanent residents able to produce a permanent resident card.
Indoor Range Dress Code
- Hearing and eye protection must be worn at all times while on the range. We recommend both ear plugs and ear muffs.
- No low cut shirts or tops
- No tank tops
- No sleeveless shirts
- Shoes should completely cover and protect your feet.
Rental Gun Policy
- If you do NOT possess a firearm you MUST have someone with you in order to rent any firearm.
- If you plan on coming in alone to rent a firearm, you MUST already own a firearm and bring it with you to the range.
- You MUST use our range ammo for all rental guns.
- You are required to present a valid government issued photo ID with current legal address at the time of rental.
- You must watch our range safety video and complete our range waiver .